ANY OF THESE SOUND FAMILIAR?
- TIGHT HAMSTRINGS … Past issues with a pulled Hamstring?
- TIGHT GLUTES … Is your stride restricted?
- HIP ISSUES …Suffered from Hip pain in the past?
- WORRIED ABOUT HAMSTRING ISSUES … Concerned about about Hamstring health for running?
In the third of our new Bullet-Proof Body series, McMillan-approved therapists Daniel and Austin guide you through their runner-specific hamstring routine called Happy Hamstrings. This innovative program helps reverse strength, mobility, or stability deficits that can lead to Hamstring tightness or pulls. It can help develop resistance to injuries like Hip Tendonitis and Hamstring Strains.
INTRODUCING HAPPY HAMSTRINGS
The latest of our Bullet Proof Programs! Beat Hamstring tightness and injuries with a comprehensive targeted mobility, stability, and strength routines.
The focus is on making your hamstrings ready to take on the repetitive loads and stresses that running demands of them. The ultimate goal is to improve your performance as well as decrease injury risk in your hamstrings (and the rest of your body).
HOW HAPPY HAMSTRINGS WORKS
With Happy Hamstrings, you receive a comprehensive program to address the mobility, stability and strength issues that often lead to Hamstring Strains, Hip Tendonitis and other Hamstring related injuries. Therapists Daniel and Austin progress you through their proven program to get you running pain-free. Across the 12-week program, you get new workouts each week to get your improvement going.
Happy Hamstrings can improve the mobility and stability of the Hamstrings and surrounding muscles and tissues while also providing the strength you need to run well.
Special Introductory Price of $49.99/Year.
Build Injury Resistance In Your Hamstrings with Happy Hamstrings
Special Introductory Price of $49.99/Year
- After signing up, you’ll receive an email with the link to the Happy Hamstring video classes.
- Simply click the link and you’ll begin with Week 1 – the first of a full year’s worth of Happy Hamstrings video classes
- Each routine includes mobility, stability and strength exercises.
- It’s like having a trainer at your side. How cool is that?!
- 12 Weeks. Two injury resistant knees. You will love the confidence and ability to train consistently.
Reverse tightness and fix your stability and strength issues.
12 weeks. 3 sessions per week.
Happy Hamstrings is for you.
Let’s get started.
Have a question? We’re here to help.
FROM DR. AUSTIN AND DANIEL
Happy Hamstrings is a program designed specifically for runners who want to take their mobility, stability, and strength training to the next level. It is not a cookie cutter generic exercise program. It is built by running biomechanics specialists who understand the importance of RUNNER SPECIFIC mobility, stability, and strength training. Many of the exercises in this program are unlike any other you will find because of how they are specifically designed for runners. The focus is on making your hamstrings ready to take on the repetitive loads and stresses that running demands of them. The ultimate goal is to improve your performance as well as decrease injury risk in your hamstrings (and the rest of your body). The program is split into three phases: fundamental, intermediate, and advanced. Each phase has three components: mobility, stability, and strength. Each phase is four weeks making the program a total of 12 weeks. The early phases focus on static and dynamic stretching, fundamental strength, and basic stability. The program gradually progresses to deeper stretching, advanced stability, aggressive strengthening, and is heavy on plyometric activity. These phases prepare, then progress, then bulletproof the runner’s hamstrings. This program can be life changing for any runner looking for the next steps can help provide that breakthrough you are looking for.
Equipment needed (besides common household items): This program has very minimal equipment needed so you can easily perform at home and do not need to go to the gym.
- 1. Resistance bands:
- You can purchase bands like you will see in some of the videos (mostly the fundamental exercises) from amazon or a sporting goods store for fairly cheap. The ones in the videos are CLX bands from Theraband. These are nice because they have little loops in them that make for easy foot access. You can also use a normal Theraband or other branded band but you may need to tie a loop in them in order to loop it around your ankle.
- Bands like these will be good to have for many of your basic strengthening needs. The general order from easy to hard is yellow, red, green, blue, black, then various other colors. Getting a few of each is never a band idea. Most runners will be somewhere between red, green, or blue for most of the fundamental foot/ankle exercises you will see in the videos.
- 2. A physio ball:
- This is highly recommended for some exercises later in the program. It will also be very useful if you plan to do other bullet proofing programs.
Common Household Items Needed:
- A step of some sort
- A couch, chair, or elevated surface about knee height (if you are average height).
- You can also enhance these exercises with gym equipment such as weights, medicine balls, balance pads/unstable surfaces, etc. as well.
Dr. Daniel Strauss
Co-founder of Athletic Kinetics
Running Biomechanics Expert
VDOT Certified Running Coach