BQ 3:40 Marathon Training Plan Level 4 Speedster
- Length: 10-16 weeks
- Runs per week: 4-7
- Key/Hard Workouts per week: 1-2
- Cross-training days per week: 1-2
- Garmin Structured Workout Compatible
- McMillan Calculator paces integrated into all workouts
- Geared towards the Speedster type of runner
- All goal pace workouts are already set for you at your BQ time so you can just hop right into training.
- Coach’s notes that are specific to help you qualify for Boston which include fueling, shoes, course suggestions.
- All the best tried and true McMillan BQ workouts geared towards combo runners
- Builds fitness in a gradual, yet progressive way to help you stay injury-free
- Goal pace predictor workouts to dial in your goal pace
- Progressive long runs to increase your endurance
- Stamina-boosting Boston-qualifying specialty workouts
- Predictor workouts to determine your best pace for race day
- Gradual pace advancement through the training plan to keep you optimally challenged
- Workout swapping – flexibility to move runs around based on your life schedule
- Built-in injury prevention and strength training routines to perform in sync with your running workouts
- Form drills to improve your speed and efficiency
- Be able to run 50-60 minutes on your regular runs and at least 90 minutes on your long runs.
Need more weeks? Try these plans!
- Base Training Plan: adds up to 8 weeks (Recommended)
- Hill Module: adds up to 6 weeks (opt.)
- Speed Module: adds up to 6 weeks (opt.)
- BQ Marathon Training Plan: 10-16 weeks (see above description)