BQ 3:30 Marathon Training Plan Level 4 Combo Runner
Are you looking to qualify for the Boston Marathon? This marathon training plan is designed for you using McMillan’s go to marathon formula. Let us help you accomplish your goal of qualifying for Boston!
- Length: 10-16 weeks
- Runs per week: 4-7
- Key/Hard Workouts per week: 1-2
- Cross-training days per week: 1-2
- Garmin Structured Workout Compatible
- McMillan Calculator paces integrated into all workouts
- All goal pace workouts are already set for you at your BQ time so you can just hop right into training.
- Coach’s notes that are specific to help you qualify for Boston which include fueling, shoes, course suggestions.
- All the best tried and true McMillan BQ workouts geared towards combo runners
- Builds fitness in a gradual, yet progressive way to help you stay injury-free
- Goal pace predictor workouts to dial in your goal pace
- Progressive long runs to increase your endurance
- Stamina-boosting Boston-qualifying specialty workouts
- Predictor workouts to determine your best pace for race day
- Gradual pace advancement through the training plan to keep you optimally challenged
- Workout swapping – flexibility to move runs around based on your life schedule
- Built-in injury prevention and strength training routines to perform in sync with your running workouts
- Form drills to improve your speed and efficiency
- Be able to run 50-60 minutes on your regular runs and at least 90 minutes on your long runs.
- Suggested Pre-Marathon Training Cycle prep:
- Base Training Plan: adds up to 8 weeks (Recommended)
- Hill Module: adds up to 6 weeks (opt.)
- Speed Module: adds up to 6 weeks (opt.)
- BQ Marathon Training Plan: 10-16 weeks (see above description)