- 10-Day Cycle Version*
- Length: 10-16 weeks
- Runs per week: 3-5
- Key/Hard Workouts per week: 1
- Cross-training days per week: 1-2
- Garmin Structured Workout Compatible
- McMillan Calculator paces integrated into all workouts
- Tried and true, scientifically-based and proven marathon workout sequence
- Goal pace predictor workouts to dial in your goal pace
- Progressive long runs to increase your endurance
- Stamina-boosting marathon specialty workouts
- Predictor workouts to determine your best pace for race day
- Gradual pace advancement through the training plan to keep you optimally challenged
- Workout swapping – flexibility to move runs around based on your life schedule
- Built-in injury prevention and strength training routines to perform in sync with your running workouts
- Form drills to improve your speed and efficiency
- Be able to run 30 minutes on your regular runs and at least 60 minutes on your long runs.
Need more weeks? Try these plans!
- Base Training Plan: adds up to 8 weeks (Recommended)
- Hill Module: adds up to 6 weeks (opt.)
- Speed Module: adds up to 6 weeks (opt.)
- Marathon Training Plan: 10-16 weeks (see above description)
*A 10-day cycle works really well for older runners who need more recovery time between workouts/long runs as well as for athletes who have alternative work/life schedules to the traditional work week.