Surviving the Marathon Freak Out:
A Guide to Running Your Best Marathon (online book)
By: Greg McMillan, M.S.
It happens every time. The marathon seems weeks and weeks away then suddenly, it’s here! This begins “the great marathon freak out”. You worry you aren’t ready. You worry you can’t possibly run your goal pace for 26.2 miles. You wonder what to eat and drink. You trained hard (and long) to get ready for your marathon and just want to know that race day will go well. Surviving the Marathon Freak Out walks you through the time-proven marathon preparation system of world-renowned Coach Greg McMillan.
No matter whether this is your first or fifteenth marathon, Coach Greg’s strategies provide comfort and direction as race day approaches. It’s like having a world-class coach in your corner. You’ll enjoy practical training advice to bring your body and mind to a peak so you can deliver your best in the marathon. Most importantly, you’ll love knowing you are doing everything correctly to get ready for the big day, leaving no stone unturned in your quest to run your best.
What you’ll learn:
- How you can not just taper before the marathon, but truly peak your performance on race day
- 6 proven marathon peaking plans to choose from based on the number of days per week you run and your runner type
- Foolproof strategies for making the journey to the race site and settling in before the race less stressful and more enjoyable plus a daily to-do list for the two weeks before the race so you can be sure you have all your logistics thought through and covered
- What to expect and how to prepare for race day – before, during, and after the race
- Guidance on how to plan your race splits based on your goal time to ensure proper pacing throughout the entire race
- Insights on how to fuel during the marathon and the strategies you can choose from to develop your race nutrition plan
- Bonus content about the “wall” – what it is exactly and how to avoid hitting it
- Plus much more!